Wednesday, 25 February 2009

I Woke Up Near The Sea.

Yesterday I went to a drama installation. There were six installations.

One. - You told a man a word and something you like. He wrote you a poem and put your name on it and he gave it to you.

Two. - There was a chime made out of knives, forks and spoons. There were wine glasses on strings. Glasses filled with different amount of water. Pots. Pans. Ladels. Whisks. Utensils. Pepper pots. Herb pots. You sat down on tea towels and made music. You started a rhythm or tune. The girl joined it. There was a bowl of water with washing up liquid. You blew bubbles with cookie cutters.

Three. - There was bubble wrap everywhere. On the walls. On the floor. On the bench. Hanging like curtains. You went in and sat down under a bubble wrap blanket with a girl. She read you a story and just talked.

Four. - There was a radio playing classical music. The girl was wearing gardening clothes. There were plants everywhere. And pots. And Tiles. You went in and you could plant a flower. You wrote a wish on a stick and put it in the pot. You got to take it home with you. Then you wrote a letter. To yourself. Or someone else. Or whoever. You put it in an envelope and addressed it. You pegged it to a piece of string. The girl will send the letter to the address in five years time. She promised.

Five. - You picked a tea bag and gave it to a girl. She put it in a cup and shook it. She told you what she could see, and you got to say if it meant anything. She did this three times. You got to make your own story, and predict your won future. There were pretty scarfs hanging up everywhere. Weird music was playing.

Six. - You put on some headphones. There was music playing. You had to look through some photographs. It was of two guitars that were in love. They were walking down lanes. They went to a river. They had breakfast. They shared a bed. They were in the shower. The music was very beautiful.

I spent over an hour in there. It was like escaping somewhere completely new for a while. I hope they do another installation soon. I like the poem. I'll show it to you soon. I promise.

No comments: