You're driving here right now. I've been waiting all day. I feel sick.
When I think about you it's a montage. I see us naked, in slow motion, we're hugging, my hair is falling down my back and your hands are clutching my back. I miss you most at nights. You're my favourite pillow. You smell so good. You sleep so still. Your face always looks perfect. You engulf me, your weight calms me. I close my eyes and think about my skin, everything I can feel. I feel your weight shifting with every breath, your warmth against me. The room is so dark, when you're not here I sleep with the light on. At night my childhood vulnerabilities come back to haunt me. I get scared there is a man outside the window watching me. That the vampire under my bed will bite me if I'm not completely beneath the covers. If my net curtain doesn't cover the whole window the man can see me, he climbs up the drainpipe to watch me. He never does anything, just watches. I count down the time until the vampire will come out from underneath my bed... 10, 9, 8.. quick! Everyone under the covers... 7, 6, 5, 4... You as well Sylvester! 3, 2, 1.. I always held my breath. I mostly never got bitten.
When I think about you it's a montage. I see us naked, in slow motion, we're hugging, my hair is falling down my back and your hands are clutching my back. I miss you most at nights. You're my favourite pillow. You smell so good. You sleep so still. Your face always looks perfect. You engulf me, your weight calms me. I close my eyes and think about my skin, everything I can feel. I feel your weight shifting with every breath, your warmth against me. The room is so dark, when you're not here I sleep with the light on. At night my childhood vulnerabilities come back to haunt me. I get scared there is a man outside the window watching me. That the vampire under my bed will bite me if I'm not completely beneath the covers. If my net curtain doesn't cover the whole window the man can see me, he climbs up the drainpipe to watch me. He never does anything, just watches. I count down the time until the vampire will come out from underneath my bed... 10, 9, 8.. quick! Everyone under the covers... 7, 6, 5, 4... You as well Sylvester! 3, 2, 1.. I always held my breath. I mostly never got bitten.
No comments:
Post a Comment