We died in my dream last night. Someone killed you, so I killed them. I got hit in the head with a bat. I was bleeding. I came to your house, only it wasn't your house, it was someone elses. There were lots of people inside that I knew, only I don't know them. They tell me I'm bleeding. I find you upstairs. You're dead but you're still here. You don't disappear until you're buried. That's how it works. I find you and hug you and tell you I'm sorry. That I killed them... That you're dead and I'm sorry. You tell me it's okay. I tell you I'm bleeding and ask you to check my head and make sure it's okay. You look and start swearing. You're trying to phone an ambulance, only you're dead. And I start panicking and I don't understand anything. Why can I see you? Why are you here? I run across the room and stand against the wall. I touch my head and my hands are covered in blood. I crouch down and start crying. My breathing starts to quicken and it feels like my tongue is swelling and I can't breath properly and I try and ask you for help but all of a sudden you're ignoring me. You don't care and you're doing something else. You walk to the bathroom and I'm trying to tell you I can't breath but you can't here me because I can't talk. Then the scene changes and we're hugging and I'm still bleeding and I've realised I'm dead as well. This is when you tell me that's why we haven't disappeared, because our bodies haven't been buried. You tell me we're being buried together. You tell me you don't want death to be like dreaming because there's always a big man in your dreams and he scares you and torments you and you don't want this to happen for eternity and you're terrified. I tell you I don't want it to be like nothing, that I don't want it to be like darkness that lasts for ever, I want it to be just like it is now, I want things to stay exactly the same, I don't want anything to change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment